International Conference for Transforming Education for Children and Youth
Deadline (early bird reg.) : June 30, 2016
Date: September 16-18th, 2016
Venue: Ahmedabad, India
About the conference:
The Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (DESD) has generated rich experiences of transforming education for children and youth. The Global Action Programme (GAP), an outcome from the DESD has a large emphasis on children and youth as key drivers for change. The recent conference in January 11-13, 2016, by the Center for Environment Education (CEE) in cooperation with UNESCO, UNEP and the MoEFCC, Government of India highlighted the role of education in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals, bringing together the achievements and learning from the DESD.
The proposed International Conference will discuss the outcomes of Goal 4 from the ESDG Conference specifically focussing on good practice examples highlighting innovative strategies and methodologies in pedagogy and curriculum in both formal and non formal settings to engage children and youth. The deliberations from this conference will further enhance cooperation and action around Goal 4.7.
The International Conference is being organised at Centre for Environment Education (CEE), Ahmedabad, India between 16-18 September 2016.
The proposed threads for discussions:
- Transformative Learning Pedagogies in Formal Education
- Global Citizenship in 21st Century
- Education for Sustainable Consumption
- Reaching Children and Youth with Special Needs
- Approaches to Assessment and Learning – Measurement and Indicators
- Teacher Education for SDG
- ESD through Nature (Green Spaces, Camping. Zoo)
- Citizen Science and Environmental Quality Monitoring
- Role of Social Media platform to Empower Youth – Challenges and Opportunities
- Innovation, Tools and Resources for Education
Registration categories and cost:
|Categories||Early Bird Rates
(Till 30th June)
|International Student||$ 80||$ 100|
|International Participant||$ 240||$ 300|