UNESCO International Conference on Prevention of Violent Extremism Through Education, 2016
Deadline: August 5, 2016 ; 17:00 (IST)
Location: Delhi, India
Fully Funded !!
UNESCO MGIEP is looking for 50 dynamic young people from around the world, and across multiple sectors, who are committed to building a more peaceful and sustainable world to participate in TAGe Delhi to share their views and opinions with decision-makers and experts working on Prevention of Violent Extremism through Education(PVE/E).
Are you between ages 25 to 35?
Are you engaged in PVE/E or related domain as an educator, trainer, practitioner, member of a non-Governmental organization, media professional, documentary filmmaker, private sector professional, policy maker, researcher, academic, or in any other capacity?
Do you have success stories or innovative initiatives to share, and wish to contribute to the global conversation on Prevention of Violent Extremism through Education?
What is TAGe?
UNESCO MGIEP’s TAGeis a discussion forum with the aim to mainstream the collective voice of the youth for inclusion in policy decision-making at the highest level. TAGealso forms an important part of the Conference and provides an opportunity to engage with the youth on the topic, allowing their voice to reach policy makers. The TAGe event expands the no protocol, town hall format discussion between distinguished experts and initiated youth with sophisticated social media campaigns and leading-edge ICT tools to facilitate fresh and insightful discussions and agreements.
About the Conference:
UNESCO and the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development are convening the UNESCO International Conference on the Prevention of Violent Extremism through Education, in Hotel Novetel, New Delhi, India on 19 and 20 September 2016.
The International Conference seeks to build a common understanding, among senior education policy makers from around the world, about the educational interventions and approaches that are needed to ensure that education systems contribute appropriately and effectively to the prevention of violent extremism.
1. Age: 25 to 35 years as on August 1, 2016
2. Good command of English/French, and be able to actively participate in conference discussion (starting with online discussion from July 18 2016)
3. Engagement and expertise in the field of PVE/E, GCED, peace education, youth engagement, policy influence, peace and conflict resolution and related fields and be able to show evidence of their achievements
4. The degree of leadership, engagement or initiative undertaken at community/country/regional/global levels, related to the Conference theme (link to conference background note/website)
5. Commitment and active participation in the preparatory and follow-up processes to ensure a productive conference. The online discussion starts from July 18, 2016.
6. Outreach to disseminate the results of the conference and act as multipliers Selection results will be sent out to all applicants by 15 August 2014.
7. Geographic, gender, age, and sector diversity will be considered
8. Incomplete and/or late applications will be disqualified
UNESCO MGIEP reserves the right to amend the criteria of selection or to terminate the application process at any time without any liability to any applicant. Any amendments to this process will be posted on the Website.
UNESCO MGIEP will provide accommodation (on a twin sharing basis) and meals from 18 September (afternoon) to 22 September (morning) to international and non-Delhi delegates.
Limited number of participants will receive travel sponsorship.
Priority will be given to applicants from developing countries and on the merit of application. UNESCO MGIEP will provide roundtrip air tickets between the participants nearest airport and New Delhi, as well as accommodation and meals. The sole and absolute discretion of travel sponsorship is with UNESCO MGIEP and the decisions made by UNESCO MGIEP is final.
Please note all participants receiving support are expected and responsible to bear some of the associated travel cost such as domestic transportation, visa application and traveler’s insurance.
Registration website: https://unescomgieppve-e.typeform.com/to/P1Ffud
Like us on Facebook to access the more opportunity: https://www.facebook.com/envop/