Telenor Youth Forum 2016 in Oslo, Norway (Fully Funded)
Deadline: August 31, 2016 (May vary per market)
Location: Oslo, Norway
Fully Funded !!
More than two dozen standout youth from around the world are hand-selected each year in a rigorous screening and application process, all in an effort to represent their home countries in the Telenor Youth Forum.
The Telenor Youth Forum is a global platform that is built upon the idea of “digitalization for peace”. It provides these young leaders from around the world with an arena to come together and tackle global, social challenges. The journey begins in Oslo, in December, during the week of the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony. The youth will form teams, with each team dedicated to a social challenge. They will spend their first days together, developing a plan for creating dialogue, engagement and potentially a solution, using digital technology, for how that challenge can be addressed.
The journey continues virtually after leaving Oslo, with teams carrying out their plans from their home countries. They meet again in Bangkok, where they will continue working with the Nobel Peace Center and begin the process of creating digital exhibitions about their projects.
The young leaders attending the Telenor Youth Forum come from very different places, but they are united in their passion to foster understanding, prosperity and ultimately peace.
One huge event. A year of discovery. Countless possibilities.Telenor Youth Forum is a big step on an epic journey.
- Between 20 and 28 years of age in 2016;
- Fluent in English;
- A permanent resident in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Bulgaria, Denmark, Hungary, India, Malaysia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Norway, Pakistan, Serbia, Sweden, Thailand;
- Passionate about driving social, economic and/or environmental change in your community with some proven experience;
- Attending university or have completed higher education;
- Someone with big ideas and a desire to make a difference.
Then we want to hear YOUR vision for a better society.
Why join the Telenor Youth Forum?
- Kick-off event in Oslo, Norway.
- Join a global team of youth to tackle a social challenge.
- Access to world class mentors and chance to build a relationship with Telenor.
- Take part in the Nobel Peace Prize festivities, including the concert event.
- A mid-year event in Bangkok.
- Create a digital exhibition of your work, with the Nobel Peace Center.
- Certificate of participation from Telenor Group and the Nobel Peace Center.
- One year as the Telenor Youth Forum delegate in your home country.
- Build relationship with Telenor ad keep them updated on your project work.
- Participation in two physical events, one in Oslo and the other in Bangkok.
- Virtual work with your project team throughout 2017; recommended time commitment approx. 2 hours per week.
Successful applicants will be notified by Telenor Group by September 2016 .We wish you the best of luck!