Call for participants: 5th Global Education and Youth Training Course for youth multipliers in Spain (Fully Funded)
Deadline : August 14, 2016
Location : Mollina, Spain
Fully Funded !!
Are you a young key multiplier playing an active role in a youth organisation, willing to gain skills to promote and disseminate principles of Global Development Education (GDE) to other young people?
Do you want to develop competences to facilitate peer-learning processes with other young people based on the practice of GDE?
If you answered yes to the previous questions or are just curious about the subject, apply for the 5th Global Education and Youth Training Course for youth multipliers, taking place in Mollina, Spain , from 18 to 25 September 2016.
The North-South Centre of the Council of Europe together with the partners of the Network of Universities on Youth and Global Citizenship is organising the 5th Global Education and Youth Training Course for youth multipliers , in the framework of the 17th University on Youth and Development.
The training course aims to empower representatives of youth organisations to further support the practice of GDE based on the North-South Centre Global Education methodology, as well as to provide youth multipliers with a series of competences and tools to promote the principles of GDE to other young people.
The course methodology is based on a number of successful experiences of training for youth workers and youth leaders developed by the North-South Centre of the Council of Europe and will benefit from the knowledge of some of the best trainers and youth workers in the fields of youth co-operation and Global Education from Africa, Europe, the Mediterranean Region and Latin America.
- to promote youth work development and youth participation as well as political mainstreaming of youth related issues and youth policy development;
- to encourage participation of young people in decision and policy making by promoting their involvement and interaction in quadrilogue initiatives;
- to provide training and capacity
- building for young people and youth organizations;
- to foster youth co
- operation and Global Youth Work; and
- to promote human rights, intercultural dialogue and democratic citizenship as essential dimensions of Global Education
- to empower young people to further support the practice of GDE based on NSC GE methodology; as-well as,
- to provide youth multipliers with a series of competences and tools to promote and disseminate principles of GDE to other young people.
- should be a key multiplier playing an active role within a youth organisation/platform or institution, and plan to continue this work in the near future;
- have background knowledge in terms of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and youth related issues;
- diverse social and geographical background (including disadvantaged and minority groups);
- aged between 18 and 30;
- have already some qualification or experience in terms of the Universities and/or international youth work and project work;
- be committed to attend the full duration of the course and be supported by one youth organization/platform or institution;
- be able to work and communicate in English
For more information, please read carefully the call for participants.