Asia Pacific Youth Forum 2016 in Nepal (Funded)
Deadline: 14 August 2016
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Dates: 27 – 30 September 2016
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) engages young professionals and builds their capacity to bring about positive changes in society through several initiatives.
Building on the success of these initiatives, ICIMOD is now preparing for the Asia Pacific Youth Forum 2016 (#APYF2016), which will take place in Kathmandu, Nepal 27-30 September 2016. The event will bring together young professionals, including scientists, early career professionals, young politicians, and youth initiative leaders from the region, and will develop their knowledge on mountains and climate change issues with a focus on the role of youth in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
As active agents of change in local communities, young people have an effective role in engaging people on a grassroots level, and are instrumental in communicating SDGs to the wider public. The APYF2016 aims to foster networking among young researchers for better collaboration, integration, and innovation in sustainable mountain development in realising the SDGs. With technical support from several leading institutions, the four-day programme will include capacity building and knowledge exchange sessions, leadership exercises, and excursions to nearby environmental projects.
This forum is made possible with support from the Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC) under its Sustainable Mountain Development for Global Collaboration (SMD4GC) programme, and the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD).
Call for Applications
Who can apply?
- Youth between the ages of 23 and 32 from the Asia-Pacific region with an academic or a professional degree in related fields are eligible to apply.
- Youth with demonstrated leadership in sustainable development issues working with governmental and non-governmental organisations are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please refer to our frequently asked questions (FAQs) for more clarity on the eligibility criteria.
- 14 August 2016
- Selected participants will be provided with international airfare, accommodation, food, and local transport as applicable.
- All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee. Only successful applicants will be notified by email.
- Selected participants will be required to present a copy of their valid passport/national identity card from their stated country of origin. Inability to do so will result in disqualification from the programme.
For further information, please contact the event focal point:
Like us on Facebook to get access with more opportunities: