World Culture Forum 2016 in Bali, Indonesia
Deadline: September 1st, 2016
Location: Bali, Indonesia
The Ministry of Education & Culture Republic of Indonesia invites you to attend its 2nd international event World Culture Forum to be held at the Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center (BNDCC), Bali, Indonesia.The organizer of the conference is the Directorate General of Cultural Division, Ministry of Education & Culture Republic of Indonesia.
The World Culture Forum (WCF) 2016 is committed to create a space to discuss, debate and contest established ideas and approaches and recommend new pathways for locating culture as an integral part of sustainable development. Theme for World Culture Forum 2016 is “Culture for an Inclusive Sustainable Planet” and the 6 sub-themes of World Culture Forum 2016 as follow:
Sub-Theme 1: Reviving Culture for Rural Sustainability
Sub-Theme 2:Water for Life: Reconciling Socio-Economic Growth and Environmental Ethics
Sub Theme 3: Interweaving History, Urban Space and Cultural Movement
Sub Theme 4: Culture in the New Digital World
Sub-Theme 5: Reconciling State, Community and Cultural Divides
Sub-Theme 6: Cultural Diversity for Responsible Development
Interested participants should have the selection criteria as follow:
A. General eligibility criteria
• Public participants in the symposium event is open to governmental & diplomatic officials, academics, artists, journalists, civil society practitioners, private sector representatives, young professionals and students as well as other interested individuals from across the world.
• Must be subscribed to the WCF Mailing List.
• Must fill Curriculum Vitae (we prefer you have experiences related to culture development program/project, cultural events).
• Must submit an essay in English related To one of wcf 2016 sub-theme of 500-850 words (PDF format) including your name, mailing address and e-mail address, affiliation and position held, clearly stating the contribution Of your essay to at least one of mentioned theme.
• The Application deadline is on September 1st, 2016.
• Has a passport with 6 months validity from date of arrival to Indonesia (for international participants only).
B. Additional criteria (used to break ties in rankings for accepted participants)
• Official recommendation from the Ministry/Company/NGO’s for the applicant’s participation to the event.
• Officially participating in a cultural project (please provide appropriate documents/certificate such as project website and project manager certification).
• Please upload the official recommendation and certificate along with the essay (in one file .pdf format).
C. Open public participant’s responsibilities and counterparts
• The airfare to Bali, Indonesia (round trip) should be paid by the participants.
• Local transfers (home to country airport; country airport to home).
• Meals outside of the conference/events.
• Visa processing fees, airport fees, taxes, insurance and other expenses.
• Bring own laptop (if you willing to use during the conference).
• Willingness to disseminate information about the event through social media.
• Should cover their own travel insurance.
D. Available subsidies for accepted participants
Once shortlisted, the applicant will receive any or all of the following:
• Accommodations for international and national participants.
• Conference meals.
E. Selection process
• WCF Committee will select participants based on the judgement of a selection committee composed of members of Steering Committee. WCF reserves the right to select and reject applications.
• The members of selection committee will rate the applicants as YES (proceed to shortlisting) or NO (will not proceed to shortlisting) and return the scoring sheet to the Secretariat.
• The successful applicants will be sent an ACCEPTANCE letter, the applicants can officially registered to WCF. We will announce successful participants on September 15th, 2016.
Like us on Facebook to get access with more opportunities: