Paid Internship at Kuwait Water Association (KWA) in Kuwait
The Kuwait water Association (KWA) is a non-profit non-governmental organization dedicated to protecting the water resources in kuwait. It is the first NGO in Kuwait in its field. Following the belief that water is both the endowment and responsibility of all people, KWA encourages interaction of various entities in water and environmental solutions.
KWA raises public awareness and promotes community action at the local level. By accessing professionals in both the private and public sector, KWA enables the adoption of policies and the application of international water and environmental standards. We also aim to create a sound equilibrium between economic growth and the water by promoting practices of sustainable development. Some of our projects include: awareness in water in schools, training and capacity building in water, grey water, water auditing in buildings, conferences, workshops,etc.
Description of the internship
Do you want to be involved in raising public awareness and promoting community action in Kuwait? To help us with on-going and future projects, we are now looking for a: Project Activity Intern We need a motivated and EFFICIENT worker to join our team in Kuwait for at least 3 months (with possibility of extension to a year). It is important that you are dedicated to our objectives and are willing to work hard, as we are a small team with many activities and projects going on at the same time. KWA is looking for an intern that shows initiative, is creative, and is capable of working both independently and in a team and has good command in fundraising.
As well as several established programs, we are currently working as a join venture with Generation Institute for private training in Kuwait (http://www.generationkw.com) to train students and employees in water awareness. Other activities include, but are not limited to:
- Responding and following up calls for proposals, including drafting new ones for possible initiatives and improving the currently processed projects.
- Working on developing new fund-raising strategies for water and environmental funds for potential local and international donors
- Assuring that the highest standards of research and data collection regarding the different activities of KWA are maintained
- Follow up administrative and technical work related to some activities
- Affinity with working on projects
- Fund raising skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong networking skills
- Social and able to work with the local community
Fluency in English is a must, Arabic language skills are an advantage.
We offer: Chance to work for a successful NGO in a safe Arab country; Compensation is possible (will depend on student’s achievements and efforts); we can offer a sharing hosting and local transportation only.
Kuwait Water Association:
Please send your application to:
Mobile: +96555869495 (whatsapp)