Call for Interest: World Water Council Youth Delegates Program for 2016-2018
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 (24:00 CET)
The World Water Council is pleased to announce the launch of the Youth Delegates Program for 2016-2018.
The time has come to recognize the role youth can play in impacting policy dialogues at local and global scales. The World Water Council is committed to strengthen the role of youth for water security, adaptation, and sustainability.
Individuals between 18 and 35 years of age representing organizations involved in water and Youth development activities are invited to apply. Those interested are invited to consider the eligibility criteria and complete the application survey. Four delegates from different world regions who can demonstrate strong regional experience and networks will be selected. One of the candidates will be selected from the 8th World Water Forum host country – Brazil.
Candidates selected following a competitive selection process will have the opportunity to engage in the World Water Council’s Task Forces, connect Youth to the 8th World Water Forum process, and other activities.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- You are a member of an internationally oriented organization demonstrating interest for water and youth
- You have demonstrated leadership in promoting action on water issues in your organization/communities
- You have experience and/or interest in speaking/advocating
- You have a strong command of the English language
- You are familiar with the mission and goals of the World Water Council.
- You are willing and available to participate in the 8th World Water Forum in Brasilia and to support the work of the World Water Council.
- Application: by 31st October (24:00 CET)
- Interviews: 1st week of November
- Final selection: 3rd week of November
Panning and Benefits:
The WWC is planning to strengthen Youth engagement into the work of its Board of Governors (BoG). As per its By-Law 4.1.9: “Youth Delegates are appointed by the Board after an open process of candidature and selection. They are not required to pay membership fees and are not allowed to vote, but may fully participate, as Observers, in meetings. No more than 4 Youth Delegates will be named, following an open candidature process. The organizations to which they belong should be international and address youth and water issues. Delegates should be aged 18 to 35 and their nomination is valid for one mandate.”
The four delegates will be representatives of their region and have demonstrated experience and networks to showcase this. One of the candidates will be selected from the 8th World Water Forum host country – Brazil.
Responsibilities for the Youth Delegates will include engagement in the Board of Governors’ Task Forces, connecting Youth to the 8th World Water Forum process, Involvement in the Council’s public communication, proposing concrete actions to complement the work of the World Water Council tasks forces and working groups, and other activities as designed in collaboration with the Council Secretariat and the Youth Delegate Liaison.
Like us on Facebook for more opportunities: