Call for Applications: 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp in Seoul, Republic of Korea (Fully Funded)
Deadline: November 12, 2016
Fully Funded !!
Eco-generation of Samsung Engineering would like to offer opportunities to the young students to participate in the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp which will be held in Seoul, South Korea by sponsoring the respective winners around the world to explore the environmental awareness activities.
Winners will be given the opportunities to participate in the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp which program includes specialist lecture, laboratory demonstrations and experiments, hands-on project, presentation competition and a variety of other activities in order to advance their awareness on the role and commitment to energy efficiency, energy conservation, and mitigating energy-related impacts on the environment. The trip to the 2017 Global Eco-Leader Camp will be in February, 2017 for 6 days and be fully sponsored by Samsung Engineering.
- To raise awareness among youth within the community towards conservation of the environment and energy efficiency
- To grow future eco-leaders by enhancing global leadership resulting from participating a variety of activities throughout the Camp
- To fulfill the social responsibility through educating the future generation
- Organizer :Eco-generation, CSR initiative of Samsung Engineering
- Host and Sponsor :Samsung Engineering
- Participants: Eco-generation members around the world aged between 13 and 16
- Facilitator:Eco-generation member aged 18 or older
- Roles and Responsibilities
– One shall represent the country they’re from during the Camp.
– One shall actively join the programs and group projects.
– One shall follow the instructions of the facilitator and staffs of the Summit for safety.
– One shall post the experiences in the GYELS after returning back to their country within 3 weeks.
– Planning / Organizing / Executing the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Program in close cooperation with Eco-generation team
– Coaching and Mentoring for the participants of 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp
– One shall post the experiences in the Global Eco-Leaders Camp after returning back to their country within 3 weeks.
- How to apply
- Visit Application link to check the selection details : Home>E-gen Event>Monthly Event>No. 92
- Write an essay on “How can we motivate people to conserve energy?” in the Content column of the application form. (600 -800 words)
- Attach your CV in the attachment column.
- Press Submit button on the bottom.
- To confirm your application, please visit Home > E-gen Event > Monthly Event
- Visit this link for more details: Thailand : Home>E-gen Event>Monthly Event>No. 91
- Application deadline: Nov 12, 2016 (Worldwide), Nov 4, 2016 (Thailand)
- Participants Selection Plan
Country Judging Criteria Number of Participants Number of Facilitators Local Organizer Thailand Video, Presentation 2~4 1 St. Gabriel’s Foundation, Samsung Engineering Thailand India Essay, CV 2~4 1 Samsung Engineering India UAE Essay, CV 2 1 Samsung Engineering UAE Saudi Arabia Essay, CV 2 1 Samsung Engineering Saudi Arabia Mexico Essay, CV 2 1 Grupo Samsung Ingenieria Mexico South Korea Essay, CV 20 – Eco-generation HQ Worldwide Essay, CV 4~12 1 Eco-generation HQ Total – 40 6 * Online points can be considered
※ Selection details can be changed.
Year Month Description Ref. 2016 October Launching competition details via website Poster and letter Early Nov Closing application system
– Thailand : Nov 4, 2016
– Worldwide : Nov 12, 2016
Early Nov Short-listing top 100 by Eco-generation HQ Mid Nov Short-listing top 22 by University Professors Mid November Finalists English interview /
phone interview/ presentation contest
Content may vary Late November Result announcement via Tunza Eco-generation Mid December Awarding ceremony (Thailand only ) Details will be informed to the winners 2017 February 2016 Global Eco-Leaders Camp Seoul, South Korea
※ Detailed schedule may be varied depending on each country and overseas office.
Important Notice for Applications
- Personal information must be correct. Eco-generation is not responsible for any problem caused by incorrect personal information. If the selected applicant does not respond to the result notice e-mail within 3 days, the selection will be automatically canceled and the opportunity will be given to the next candidate.
- Only one entry per student allowed. Paper and E-mail applications are not accepted. Late or incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- If there is not enough number of qualified applicants from one host country, remaining number of the winners can be selected from other countries.
- We would like to inform you that there is a chance the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp to be canceled. If the 2017 Global Eco-Leaders Camp is canceled, only the certificate and the souvenirs shall be given to the winners by air courier.
Rules and Regulations on Essay Writing
- Entrants must first register at Tunza.eco-generation.org to be able to submit their article online.
- No entry fee is required.
- Samsung Engineering reserves First Rights on all submissions. All other rights to the essay remain the property of the author.
- All entries must be original works, in English. Plagiarism and off topic will result in disqualification.
- Entries must be from 600 to 800 words in length.
- Each entrant may submit only one essay per contest.
- At the discretion of the judges, all well written essays may be published on the Web site.
Conditions for the Trip to South Korea
- Trip to Korea will last for 5 days in February, 2017. All flights and accommodation will be covered with meal allowances also provided. Economy class flight tickets will be offered. Two delegates shall share one twin room upon genders. English speaking skill is mandatory to participate in the program. Parents of the participants cannot accompany the trip to South Korea because Chaperones from respective Samsung Engineering Offices or partner organization shall accompany the trip from each country.
- We do NOT support fees for visa and local transportations. Participants must pay their own visa fees to South Korea and should be in the airport of the capital city on the day of departure.Invitation letter for the visa procedure will be provided by the secretariat.
- Only the worldwide participants can accompany ONE chaperone under the condition to bear their own flight expense. Rest of the cost for the worldwide chaperones shall be burden by Samsung Engineering. If a chaperon cannot accompany, the secretariat will provide Unaccompanied Minors Service by the airlines.
- We recommend you to get travel insurance in your country before departure.
For more details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook for more opportunities: